Alumina Processing Fundamentals
- Outstanding Features
- Course Overview
- Target Audience
- You Will Learn How to
- Course Details
- LMS Course Resources
Engagement in this course will enable plant process personnel to make better and timelier process decisions, leading to reduced production loss opportunities and reduced material consumption.
Our global expert will provide a processing overview for technical and production personnel involved in running and optimizing the processing functions in an alumina refinery.
The course aims to provide participants with an understanding of materials used in the Bayer process, Bayer process chemistry, typical Bayer process unit operations and their impacts, appreciation of key product quality parameters and their impact on downstream smelting operations.
The course is aimed at refinery personnel who are unfamiliar with the fundamentals of the Bayer Process.It is recommended for junior process engineers and supervisors, with little or no alumina refinery experience.
You Will Learn How to
In this course you will learn how to:
- Develop an understanding of Bayer Process fundamental chemistry and its creation
- Develop an understanding of common unit operations in Bayer plants
- Develop an understanding of how operating practices impact on Bayer plant performance
- Develop an appreciation of how product alumina quality variations impact on downstream smelter performance
- Birth of the Bayer Process (history)
- Bauxite to Alumina Processing Overview
- Bauxite Minerals and their Impacts
- Plant Liquor Chemistry Basics
- Digestion – Alumina Extraction
- Clarification – Residue Separation
- Classification and Filtration
- Impurity Management
- Water Management
- Product Quality
- Cleaning Practices
- What is Alumina?
- Bayer Process Fundamentals
- Key Cost Drivers
- Bauxite Processing Functions
- Bauxite Key Parameter Impacts
- Residue Processing
- Hydrate Production
- Energy Processes
- Water Balance
- Common Process Calculations
LMS Course Resources
Course ScheduleNo schedule date found for this course
By clicking submit, I consent to WorleyParsons to contacting me with further material about this course and to send me regular information on offers, promotions, news, and other correspondence from WorleyParsons Academy.